Traveling is stress-free in the Wachau, even without a car. Busses, trains, ferries, ships and nextbike stations allow for a relaxed stay in the entire region.
- Ship: Experience the Wachau river valley by ship: Please find further information on the ferries and shipping routes here.
- Train: Please find further information on the Wachau railway network at www.wachaubahn.at.
- Bus: The Wachau bus lines take you to your destination on the north bank every hour and on the south bank every two hours. Schedules and information can be found at www.vor.at.
- Bicycle: Taking the bike on the Danube Cycle Route, you will be riding along towpaths and enjoying the unique wonders of nature.
- Wachau on foot: A short walk along the Danube with a refreshment in a Best of Wachau establishment or hiking in a unique natural setting on the Wachau World Heritage Trail. Further information can be found at www.welterbesteig.at.
Discover the varied landscape and the Wachau with its rich cultural treasures, mild climate, great culinary pleasures and excellent white wines
- all year round!
Take a vacation in the Wachau and book your stay directly with your Best of Wachau host!