Please pay attention to following tips and hints, in order to enjoy your hiking trip.
- Stay on the marked trails.
- Wear hiking boots for your safety.
- Use walking sticks to find balance.
- It is always good to have a rainjacket with you.
- Don't forget your trail map.
- Make sure to have enough drinking water.
- Don't litter!
- No open fire!
- Do not take any grapes or fruits out of someones garden.
- Please respect the sensitive habitats of flora and fauna.
We also like to point out, that it is forbidden to ride a horse or a mountain bike along wood trails or private forest roads.
Stamp stations & Pins
The stamp pass for the Wachau Trail and the Jauerling tour also helps you to plan for your stages. You receive the pass in the Info points or you can download it. Just print it and collect the stamps at each stage. The location of each stamp station is written on the pass. You can purchase the pin for a small fee at all Tourist Information points on the trail.
Equipment list - "Hiking"
For great memories of your hiking experience and to enjoy the surrounding nature, please consider to take some general gear which is listed below.