Please wait

Schubert Memorial Site and Museum Museums & Exhibitions

  • Eingangstüre vom Schubert Komponierhäuschen
  • Gebäudeansicht des Schlosses von der Parkseite
  • Eingang des Schubert Komponierhäuschen, vor dem Eingang befindet sich links und rechts jeweils ein Baum.
  • Gedenktafel auf Schuberts Komponierhäuschen, Schuberthäuschen, so genannt nach den jährlichen Sommeraufenthalten von Franz Schubert in den 1820-1823.
  • Eingangstüre vom Schubert Komponierhäuschen
  • Gebäudeansicht des Schlosses von der Parkseite
  • Eingang des Schubert Komponierhäuschen, vor dem Eingang befindet sich links und rechts jeweils ein Baum.
  • Gedenktafel auf Schuberts Komponierhäuschen, Schuberthäuschen, so genannt nach den jährlichen Sommeraufenthalten von Franz Schubert in den 1820-1823.

The museum was established in 1986 in the main wing of Atzenbrugg Castle. The history of the castle extends back to the early 12th c and has many an art historical treasure in store for visitors, for instance plaster molding on the ceilings from the Baroque era.

The ten exhibition rooms in Atzenbrugg Castle contain about 250 objects documenting the life and work of the famous Austrian composer Franz Schubert and his friends. Outside, the extensive castle park is an inviting place for a stroll with its Baroque garden pavilion (Schubert’s “Composing Cottage”).

Of special interest are numerous mementos personally owned by ancestors of notable friends of Schubert, who have also taken over sponsorship of individual rooms.

Maybe interesting too

Aussenansicht Schloss Atzenbrugg und dem Garten

Atzenbrugg Castle

The complex history of the building of Atzenbrugg Castle in the Tulln Basin began in the 12th c. It belonged to Klosterneuburg Abbey for a long time.

read more